Healthy and chips in the same sentence? You bet!
- Preparation time: 15 mins approx
- Cooking time: 40 mins approx
- Preheat oven: 425 F
- Potatoes, scrubbed but not peeled
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Paprika powder
- Olive oil – try our Arbequina!
- Preheat the oven while you prepare the potatoes.
- Cut the potatoes into approx 1/4 in. slices. Put the chips into a roasting tray and drizzle with olive oil.
- Shake the paprika generously over the chips and season with salt and freshly ground pepper – give the tray a good shake to distribute the seasoning and oil evenly. Put the tray in the oven on the top shelf.
- After 20 mins in the oven, use a spatula to turn the chips over to ensure that they cook evenly.
- The chips are ready when they are golden brown all over and soft and fluffy in the middle.
At step 3 – before you put them in the oven – you can put your chips in a freezer bag, pop them in the freezer, and save them for another day.
Use curry powder instead of smoked paprika for some healthy curry chips. Instead of paprika, add some crushed garlic cloves to the chips after 10mins in the oven.
Recipe taken from parentsforhealth.org