This Cauliflower Steaks with Olive & Herb Salsa recipe is perfect for those looking for delicious meal that is not only healthy but is also filling! This recipe takes about 1o minutes to prep and 35 minutes to cook. You can also enhance the flavor of this recipe with our Tuscan Herb Olive Oil.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large (about 1.2kg) cauliflower, cut crossways into four 1.5cm-thick pieces
- 50g (1/4 cup) pimento-stuffed green olives, finely chopped
- 60ml (1/4 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon baby capers
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh continental parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- ¼ teaspoon caster sugar
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Heat 2 teaspoons of the olive oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add 1 cauliflower piece to the pan. Cook, turning, for 4-5 minutes or until golden. Transfer to prepared trays. Season with freshly ground salt and pepper. Repeat with the remaining olive oil and cauliflower pieces. Roast cauliflower for 12-15 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, combine the olives, extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, capers, parsley, oregano and sugar in a small bowl. Season with freshly ground salt and pepper.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a serving dish. Top with the olive mixture.
Recipe and photo from: sweetestkitchen.com licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.