- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried oregano, basil, and thyme
- 1 1/2 pounds sirloin steak, cubed
- 1 red pepper, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 green pepper, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 red onion, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 8 bamboo skewers
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, oregano, basil, and thyme. Place the steak in a large resealable bag and add all but 2 – 3 tablespoons of the marinade. Set reserved marinade aside. Let the steak marinate in the refrigerator for 2 – 6 hours.
- Thread meat alternately with the peppers and onion on the skewers. Baste the kebabs with the reserved marinade. Place on a broiler pan and roast in oven for about 4 – 5 minutes per side. During the last couple minutes of cooking, turn the oven to broil to slightly char the kebabs.
- Remove from oven and let sit covered for 5 minutes before serving.Note – alternately, the kebabs can be grilled on an outdoor grill for 4 – 5 minutes per side.
Recipe and Photo from: dinnersforayear.blogspot.com