If you are looking for a healthy and filling lunch, then this recipe is for you! The saute turkey is low in fat, and the kale is a great source of fiber and is rich in antioxidants. You can add a little more spice to this recipe by using our Harissa Hot Olive Oil.
Ingredients: (Serves 4)
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 6 cups baby kale
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ⅔ cup water
- In a large sauté pan with lid, heat oil over medium high heat
- Add ground turkey and cook until browned. Drain any liquid from pan.
- Add onion and garlic, cook stirring frequently until onion is translucent, 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the cumin, paprika, and cayenne pepper. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Layer the bell pepper and kale. Sprinkle with salt. Pour water on top of kale and cover (do not stir). Reduce heat to medium and cook for 6-8 minutes, or until kale is wilted and dark green.
- Uncover and stir together. Season according to taste. Serve on corn tortillas.