Ring in the New Year with this Strawberry-Balsamic Tequila Sour recipe!
- 2 1/2 ounces sliced strawberries (about 8)
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- 3/4 ounces lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 10 mint leaves
- 2 1/2 ounces tequila
- mint sprig and strawberry, for garnish
- Fill a cocktail class with a good amount of ice and set aside.
- Using a cocktail shaker, add the strawberries, simple syrup, lime juice, balsamic vinegar. Muddle the mixture until the berries begin to dissolve.
- Add the mint leaves and muddle only a few more times. Note: If you muddle the leaves too much, they become bitter.
- Add the tequila and a cup of ice. Shake vigorously.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared glass. Garnish with a mint sprig and a whole strawberry.