Sometimes Monday needs a little sweetness. Try our Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Excerpted from Olive Oil Desserts: Delicious and Healthy Heart Smart Baking
Serves 26 to 30
⅔ cup pure olive oil
1½ cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
½ teaspoon butter extract
2¾ cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1½ teaspoons cream of tartar
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly coat large cookie sheets with olive oil cooking spray.
- In mixer bowl add olive oil, sugar, eggs, milk, and vanilla & butter extracts. Blend until creamy.
- Add flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt. Blend until well mixed.
- Roll dough into ping pong sized balls. Roll in cinnamon sugar and place on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cookies are spread out and tops are light brown.
CINNAMON SUGAR PREPARATION
In small mixing bowl, add sugar and cinnamon. Mix until combined.
Picture and recipe from: heavytable.com under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License